Monday, March 29, 2010

I Love NYC!

I am now another year older (and still single) but that's okay because I had a fabulous weekend in NYC celebrating my birthday! Every time I go to New York City, I can't help but notice how damn fashionable people are there. That and the large volume of handsome men who roam the streets at any given hour. Good looking and well dressed, such a winning combination! Plus, these mystery men are probably guaranteed to have solid jobs as it takes a good deal of money to live in NYC and be fashion forward.

My friend and I went out with a bang on Friday night. Our first stop was a bar in the Village. I felt as though every time I looked up from my Stoli-O and soda another hot male had entered the building. Of course, most of them were talking to equally attractive females. Competition was stiff.

At some point in the evening (after I lost count of the number of cocktails I had consumed, having spilled at least 1) I noticed a small group of very young looking guys dressed in ties and blazers.

"These guys are practically zygotes," I whispered to my friend.

Fresh meat is hard to resist. I turned around and started talking to the group collectively. I found out they were all recent graduates of the University of Virginia, my alma mater. This was enough of an 'in' for me to forge a conversation. I have no idea what we talked about, but I seemed to hit it off with one in particular, who I'll call Prep. Prep did not look a day over 16 and I'm pretty sure I pinched his cheeks more than once.

A little while later my friend and I headed to a bar a few blocks away to meet up with her sister and some of her friends. I was surprised when Prep ditched his friends and came with us. Things start to get a little blurry at the second bar. I do remember a dance floor and 80's music. And once I heard Michael Jackson's voice boom from the speakers, I was a goner. Off to the dance floor I went and totally forgot about Prep. My friend told me he left shortly thereafter. He texted me about going to brunch the next day and apparently I replied 'yes!' (this was around 1:00AM, we didn't leave the bar until 4).

Alas, I didn't make it to brunch the next day. Actually, I didn't make it very far from the hotel bed. Apparently, my 32 year old body does not take kindly to large quantities of vodka.

So, what did I learn on my weekend adventure?
1. I love NYC, but would probably have to live in an apartment with 10 other people and have 4 jobs in order to enjoy the nightlife and look good while doing it.
2. It was flattering a guy almost 10 years younger than me thought I was cute.
3. I can't drink like I did when I was in my 20's!

No comments: